Updated: March 24, 2020
A Message to Patients, Healthcare Providers, Colleagues and our Neighbors Around the World…
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues, we are rapidly evolving our business to protect the health of our colleagues and communities while also sustaining the supply of medicines patients need during this challenging time.
To minimize the potential impacts of COVID-19 on our business as best as we are able, we have engaged a Strategic Task Force comprised of Amneal’s top leaders across all functions. Together, this team is actively guiding our preparedness, response, mitigation and continuity. Some of the many actions we’ve already taken include:
Business Continuity and Supply of our Medicines
- Completed initial COVID-19 business continuity plans assessing potential risks and responses and alternative actions for nearly all functions.
- Ongoing proactive communications with our suppliers, third-party partners, customers and healthcare providers to help more rapidly predict and respond to potential issues.
Company Statement on Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate
- Amneal is responding to the national COVID-19 health emergency by building on its supply of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. Existing inventory is being made available nationwide through donations as well as through direct sales to hospitals and existing Amneal retail, institutional and wholesale customers.
- Production of hydroxychloroquine sulfate is being ramped up at several of Amneal’s manufacturing sites and product will be made available nationwide. As a socially responsible company, Amneal will work to ensure its available inventory allocation is widely and evenly distributed to benefit the most patients possible.
Information for Patients taking our Products
- Patients taking Amneal medicines who have questions or concerns about their treatment plan should continue to consult with their healthcare provider.
- To report adverse events, product quality complaints and for medical information inquiries in the U.S., call (877) 835-5472, option 1 or email DrugSafety@amneal.com.
Interactions with Healthcare Providers
- All in-person meetings and interactions with the healthcare community and professionals in the U.S. are suspended until March 27, 2020. We remain available to providers and customers via remote communications.
- All U.S. Specialty field staff have shifted to a work from home and virtual interaction model.
- Prescribers seeking samples of Rytary®, Zomig® Nasal Spray or Unithroid®, please contact your representative or Amneal Customer Service at (866) 525-7270. Please see full prescribing information for important safety information:
Prevention and Response in our Facilities
- Across all facilities, we are increasing preventive cleaning and sanitizing activities and employing consistent protocols for cleaning in response to any potential on-site COVID-19 incident.
- Instituted procedures guiding colleague responsibilities, including reporting direct and indirect COVID-19 exposure and encouraging widespread remote working arrangements.
- Formed site response teams and processes for managing potential exposure, including ongoing rollout of non-invasive infrared thermal screening at facility entrances.
- Ongoing colleague communications on business updates, prevention tips and key Benefits Programs supporting potential COVID-19 exposure.